Monday, September 26, 2011

Filipino Restaurant in Bangkok

      
    Do you want to try Filipino foods? Do you miss Filipino foods? Are you craving for your favorite Filipino dishes?

       
    I have heard from fellow Filipino friends about the Filipino Restaurant here in Bangkok as well as grocery store selling popular Philippine products. But I just took those talks as information and had the minimal desire to visit the place and try their foods. After all I do not have cravings of my country's famous dishes as I was used to eating simple foods when I was in the Philippines.
Bulalo
Crispy Pata

   My two years and four months stay in Bangkok, Thailand marked two first time for me: 1)meeting fellow Filipino electrical engineers who had opted to leave our very own Philippines for a greener pasture in the Land of Smiles, just like me; and 2) dining at the New Mabuhay Filipino Restaurant at Soi 19 Petchaburi road. The ordering of food was left to the choice of Ayi who led us to the restaurant. There we had bulalocrispy pata, chopsuey (pad pak ruam mit in Thai). Of course, for the guys the highlight was the cold San Miguel beer. Since I do not drink beer, canned Del Monte juice was a nice substitute.When there, I had the feeling of being back home in the Philippines as the food servers and customers were all kababayans, though there were a few of other nationalities having their dinner. The place itself have a Filipino setting showcasing the Filipino groceries for sale.

    With a short talk from the owner, we had been informed about the other services they offer such as  sending money to the Philippines as well as goods. He said that their rates are lower than the famous money sending agency, the Western Union.
     
     Would you like to go there and try their dishes?  The restaurant is easy to find and accessible as it is situated at Pratunam area, opposite the road where Platinum Mall is. Look for Street 19 or Petchaburi Soi 19, walk through the inner part of the street and turn to the left when you see a small street. There is the New Mabuhay Filipino Restaurant.
        By the way, I almost forget aside from serving Filipino foods, they also have some well-known Philippine products for sale. Of course the staff as well as the owners are Filipinos and speak in their native tongues. For sure when you are inside the place, you will not have the feeling of being away from home as it is just like being home. And as the famous saying goes "there is no place like home". If you miss home, I recommend visiting the restaurant. For non-Filipinos, try the Filipino restaurant so you will have the taste of Filipino foods.


5 comments:

  1. I can not wait to try that crispy pata... it looks yummy... pero adobo tingali mas masarap...

    Albert

    ReplyDelete
  2. My problem of Filipino Food , one problem is a bit expensive. And some food is not not that delicious as street vendor in Philippines food? is much better. I tasted the food here and I'm sorry to tell that is not that great unless if you craving for Filipino food?. I think for you this is delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi. Thank you for expressing your thoughts. I agree with you, Filipino food are best enjoyed in the Philippines. Usually, the food is always best when eaten in the country of origin and much cheaper too. You are right, most of those who go to the restaurant are those who craves for Filipino food and can't cook for themselves.

      Delete
  3. Hello, bukas pa ba ang Pinoy Restaurant na ito sa Petchaburi? Salamat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jeff. Yes, Mabuhay Restaurant is still there at Petchaburi. There is another Filipino restaurant but smaller space near BTS Phra Khanong Exit 3. Cheers!

      Delete