Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Mum Aroi Restaurant


   
    I had been to Pattaya for countless times, had dined in some nice fine dining restaurants and as well as chain of restaurants that can be found everywhere in Thailand but this restaurant, Mum Aroi at Naklua Pattaya seemed to be one of the popular seafood Thai restaurants. It is located almost in the outskirt of the northern part of Pattaya and can not be easily found if one is not familiar with the location. But two times I had been there for dinner with Thai colleagues, the big restaurant has been full of diners composed mostly of Thai people in groups.
      As the name in the signage  is in Thai, it obviously shows that its main target customers are Thai people. However, there are few foreigners but they are accompanied by Thais. I had to ask my Thai colleague the name so I can write it in English. My engineer colleague told me it is a very popular restaurant in Pattaya. With the big area and numerous dining tables almost filled up, indeed the restaurant is one of the favorite and popular restaurants. Much as I can remember our way when we went to the restaurant, however I can not describe exactly the way to go there. 
        The first time, as we came from the Royal Cliff Beach Resort Hotel, being one of the exhibitors of TEMCA 2011, we passed through the center of Pattaya and then to Sukhumvit Road. There we tracked down the road till my colleagues saw the neon triangular signage of the restaurant giving directions which way to go. The second time, I was with another colleague engineer and he knew so well the way. We passed at North Pattaya to the direction for Sukhumvit. Without reaching the Sukhumvit road, he drove to the left then after few kilometers there was the restaurant. 
       The place is big and cozy. There are more than one air conditioned rooms with karaoke where those who want to have private gatherings can occupy the space. But the most interesting and cozy location is the open space. The open space is big and there is a live music. Diners can have the feeling of being in a garden or feel the sea breeze or hear the waves. I even saw a small pool somewhere in the open space.
      With regards to food, of course, they serve Thai foods. Their menu is in English and Thai but I did not bother to see inquisitively each food offered as listed in the menu book as I often leave the choice to my Thai companions of what food to order. One thing I only request to them is "mai phet" (not so spicy). Thai people always have the first choice of seafood when dining out and it is because of the love for seafood that made the restaurant to be popular. Mum Aroi serves variety of seafoods. So far, though I do not know the names of the food I ate, I can say they taste good. When it comes to service, I say it is the typical Thai way of serving in a restaurant.:-)
        

No comments:

Post a Comment